30 Seconds To Mars - Ukrainian Echelon

Объявление

Добро пожаловать на форум… Внимание! Важные темы и новости закрыты от гостей

Информация о пользователе

Привет, Гость! Войдите или зарегистрируйтесь.

Вы здесь » 30 Seconds To Mars - Ukrainian Echelon » Архив тем » Последние новости

Последние новости

Сообщений 961 страница 990 из 993

TRANSMISSION ONLINE
This Week - 12/11/2009

Thirty Seconds to Mars' new album 'This Is War' was released worldwide this past Tuesday and is #1 on iTunes Alternative Albums and #2 Overall on iTunes.  The guys were in Los Angeles at The Hive to do an acoustic performance, meet with fans, and sign autographs.

Check out this KROQ Meet & Greet Photo Album from Wednesday's In-Store album signing.

People have been finding many Faces of Mars in stores all over the world.  Some notable faces found are Bam Margera, Kat Von D, members of the bands Chevelle and Street Drum Corps, among others!

Thirty Seconds to Mars is the featured article and cover for NYLON GUYS December/January issue.  Check out the pictures below.

Right now you can listen to the MySpace Featured Playlist from Thirty Seconds to Mars called "Songs to Snowboard To"

A new website was also launched this week, so make sure you check out http://www.ThirtySecondstoMars.com for the latest news, pictures and updates.

Keep telling everyone you know about the new album This Is War and especially send links of places to preview the album to people who have never heard it.  There are many of these locations online including this recent Australian site FasterLouder.

We are also encouraging everyone to follow the 12 Steps to Mars which can be found below.  These will enable the Echelon to work together and bring awareness to Thirty Seconds to Mars and the new album This Is War.

12 STEPS TO MARS

1. Tell 10 people OFFLINE about the band who have never heard of us before. Let us know what they think.

2. Tell 10 people ONLINE about the band who have never heard of us before. Let us know what they think.

3. Send 10 people a link to K+Q who have never heard it. Stream it or embed it on any of your personal social networking sites.

4. Share the DRAGON AGE trailer with everyone you know. Host it on your social networking site, post it on video game blogs, music blogs, forums for similar bands, etc.

5. Hand out THIS IS WAR stickers, flyers, window clings.

6. Stencil busy areas, sidewalks and streets with the pyramid symbol. Look for high-traffic areas.

7. Call, text and email your local radio station. Get your family and friends to as well. THIS IS IMPORTANT!!

8. Spread the word and place links to content, songs, trailers etc in other band message boards, comments sections of articles about similar bands, as well as the comments sections of friends and bands social networking sites.

9.Tell everyone you know about the pre-order on MusicToday that includes an exclusive live chat with the band day of release.

10. Make your status on your social net site Thirty Seconds to Mars related (aim, twitter, bb, etc) i.e. "THIS IS WAR"

11. Share pics and your reviews of shows post it to FB Notes or MySpace Blog. Tag your friends!

12. Add links to K+Q and Teasers on comments sections to Dragon Age Video/Reviews on g4tv.com, gametrailers.com, gamespot.com, ign.com

Book of the Week

The Beach by Alex Garland is about backpackers in Thailand. Influenced by such literary works as Heart of Darkness and Lord of the Flies, it describes the adventures of a young Englishman in search of a legendary, idyllic beach untouched by tourism.

Movie of the Week

Hearts of Darkness: A Filmmaker's Apocalypse is a 1991 award-winning documentary about the making of the film Apocalypse Now.  Using behind the scenes footage, and narrated by Eleanor Coppola, it chronicles how production problems including bad weather, actors' health and other issues delayed the film, increasing costs and nearly destroying the life and career of Francis Ford Coppola.

Album of the Week

Sigur Rós - ( )
(spoken as "Brackets" or "Parentheses") is the third full-length album from Icelandic band Sigur Rós, first released in October 2002. It comprises eight untitled tracks, divided into two parts: the first four tracks are lighter and more optimistic, while the latter four are bleaker and more melancholic.

Website of the Week

http://www.happycow.net
HappyCow's Compassionate Eating Guide to Restaurants and Health Food Stores is a free worldwide guide created to assist travelers and people everywhere find vegetarian and healthy food options.

Food of the Week

Whole Foods - United States, Canada, UK
Check Website for Local Store Hours
Searches for the highest quality, least processed, most flavorful and natural foods possible.

Rock Band Weekly: Green Day, 30 Seconds to Mars, All-American Rejects, Beatles: Rubber Soul album

For the sake of clarity and brevity in this week's Rock Band Weekly, let's split this info up:
- The Beatles: Rock Band will have the album Rubber Soul available next week. Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band and Abbey Road were previously released on November 17 and October 20, respectively.
- The standard Rock Band music store receives new tracks from All-American Rejects, 30 Seconds to Mars and even more Green Day.
As a reminder, Rock Band Unplugged DLC is going on holiday for an unspecified amount of time. Check out pricing and track details after the break.

Update: MTV Games/Harmonix has corrected the pricing for Rubber Soul.

The Beatles: Rock Band -- Rubber Soul album(1440 / $18)*:
"Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"You Won't See Me" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"Nowhere Man" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"Think For Yourself" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"The Word" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"Michelle" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"What Goes On" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"Girl" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"In My Life" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"Wait" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"Run For Your Life" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)

Green Day Pack 02 (440 / $5.50)*:
"Christian's Inferno" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"Last of the American Girls" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
"¡Viva La Gloria!" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)

Individual Tracks
30 Second to Mars "Kings & Queens" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
30 Seconds to Mars "This is War" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)
All-American Rejects "Gives You Hell" (160 / 200 Wii Points / $1.99)

*Track packs not available for purchase on Wii; all tracks sold individually.

http://www.joystiq.com/2009/12/11/rock- … erican-re/

Q&A: Jared Leto

'My most embarrassing moment? It had to do with karaoke and Eye Of The Tiger'

The closet Jared Leto's come to death? 'It had to to with a gun and some cocaine.'

Jared Leto was born in Louisiana in 1971. He went to New York's School of Visual Arts, and in 1994 was cast opposite Claire Danes in the television series My So-Called Life. His movies include Fight Club, Requiem For A Dream and Alexander, and he put on 67lbs (more than 30kg) to play John Lennon's assassin, Mark Chapman, in Chapter 27. Next February, he will tour the UK with his band, 30 Seconds To Mars.

What is your earliest memory?
Fireworks and a wolf.

When were you happiest?
I'm hoping that hasn't happened yet.

Which living person do you most admire, and why?
Stephen Hawking – a great example of triumph in the face of adversity.

What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
The need to sleep.

What is the trait you most deplore in others?
Sycophancy.

What was your most embarrassing moment?
It had to do with karaoke and Eye Of The Tiger.

Property aside, what's the most expensive thing you've bought?
Collectively, as a band, we paid for and built our own recording studio.

What would your super power be?
The power to wipe out greed.

What makes you unhappy?
Obvious and uncontrollable machiavellian tendencies.

What do you most dislike about your appearance?
The computer chip in the back of my brain.

If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?
Megalodon.

Who would play you in the film of your life?
Robert Pattinson, Zac Efron, Gary Coleman or Christopher Walken.

What is your most unappealing habit?
A relentless pursuit of perfection.

What is your favourite smell?
A campfire.

What is your favourite book?
The Catcher In The Rye.

What would be your fancy dress costume of choice?
Authentic period Genghis Khan body armour or the original Ziggy Stardust outfit.

What is the worst thing anyone's said to you?
Anything that is a lie.

Cat or dog?
Wolf.

What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Art.

What do you owe your parents?
My blood and bones.

To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?
The planet, for the horrible way we have all treated it.

Who would you invite to your dream dinner party?
God, the devil – and Natalie Portman.

Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"One more time…"

What is the worst job you've done?
Dishwasher when I was 12.

When did you last cry, and why?
It was a fight with some onions. I lost.

What is the closest you've come to death?
It had to do with a gun and some cocaine. The golden days of youth…

What song would you like played at your funeral?
Sigur Rós Untitled #1 or anything by Aphex Twin.

How would you like to be remembered?
I wouldn't.

What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
That many things are not as big a deal as they seem in the moment.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/lifeandstyle/ … -interview

"Kings and Queens" and "This is War" on RockBand

Our songs "Kings & Queens" and "This is War" will be available to purchase for the game RockBand on Dec. 15 & 17 (PS3)
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =522031535

Jared Leto in 20 minutes french newspaper

What inquired you to make music?

Jared Leto: The hippies, vagabonds, my origins on the outskirts of the Mississippi River full ofmusic. I work by instinct, not to make me look different. Pink Floyd, the Clash, it also stimulates.

Films, songs, concerts, girls: you find time to sleep?

Yes. In transport. Currently, with the promotion of the film Mr. Nobody, the album and world tour, everything is speed. The girls go after all that. Finally, it all depends on the girl.

Working with the producer of U2 and the Smashing Pumpkins, what's the final result ?

That puts the pressure, but we are proud that he trusted us. Mr. Flood has arrived with tools at which we weren't used. We groped-together. We crashed all too! Compared to the previous album, we've added African sounds and old synthesizers alongside turntables and guitars.

You write all the songs?

Yes. And each is a chapter. This album is my chapter "deflowering." It is much more "sexual" and powerful than its predecessors.

What is the definition of your music?

Modern and open. A hundred musicians from around the world have come to record songs in our studio in Los Angeles. A young Iranian, who couldn't come to a session "Sonatas around the world, gave me the idea to do a live version online, where users can register.

How do you predict the public-Bercy in Paris in March 2010?

Really? Bercy is in March? I didn't know! I got up and I take my guitar, basta! I love the French public, because he has good taste.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =522216353

30 Seconds to Mars: From heartbreak to celebration

1217 FLI LETS GO 30 seconds to mars.jpgCourtesy Photo“It's our most honest album,” 30 Seconds to Mars drummer Shannon Leto says of the band’s latest release, “This is War.” “It's our most raw, poignant album. We recorded it in my and my brother's house.

The road leading to the Dec. 8 release of 30 Seconds to Mars' third album, “This is War,” was an interesting, thought-provoking one. A new president was elected and 30 Seconds to Mars, fronted by singer/actor Jared Leto, was sued by EMI's Virgin Records for $30 million for failing to deliver the third of five albums, as required by contract. The lawsuit was settled and the band re-signed to the label, but without these events, “This is War” wouldn't have turned out the way it did, said Jared Leto's brother, drummer Shannon Leto.

“Yeah, we were being sued for $30 million,” Leto said matter of factly via telephone from a gig in Houston. “There was a lot going on. We were getting a new president. We'd be in the studio and running out to watch the debates. That was exciting. It was an important time. We were going through personal changes. Each of us was evolving in our own kind of way.

“What's great about the album is it represents that time pretty well. There are moments of heartbreak on the album, and there are moments of celebration and that's basically what we went through.”

Most importantly, Leto explained, “This is War,” which features the five-minute single “Kings and Queens,” captures the personality of the band members and the essence of 30 Seconds to Mars.

“It's our most honest album,” Leto said. “It's our most raw, poignant album. We recorded it in my and my brother's house. Everything you hear is unique in sound because it's all been recorded there. Being home like that, instead of a studio, was a much more intimate experience. Much more special. We'd wake up, go to the studio and lay down anything we felt like we needed to lay down for the song.

“There were moments of relaxation but moments of stress, too. We had the monkey on our back of the record label suing us for $30 million. ... It kind of interrupts somewhat of a creative experience. At the same time, it added to it as well. Without that, I don't think the album would sound the way it does.”

But Leto said fans can expect something a little different on “This is War.” The first two albums — 2002’s self-titled album and 2005’s “The Beautiful Lie” — were filled with sweeping epic rock tunes. This one, thanks to producers Flood (U2, Nine Inch Nails, Depeche Mode, and Smashing Pumpkins) and Steve Lillywhite (Rolling Stones, Travis, The Smiths), has a little different flavor.

“We have one song literally with a microphone in a room and Jared playing the piano and singing and Tomo is playing guitar,” Leto said about guitarist/former Detroiter Tomo Milivecic. “That's how we recorded it. When we listened back to it we could hear dishes being washed in the background. We just left it. We left it raw like that. We had another song, which was more electronic, which was filled up with keys and synths and drum loops and all sorts of things that we created. Another song, that's more anthemic, is called ‘Vox Populi,’ which kind of shows what we did with the ‘summit’ that we came up with, which we had people fly in from all over the world to participate in this album. They would chat, stomp, clap, yell, hoot and holler and that song really represents that really well.”

Some fans were able to hear the album prior to its Dec. 8 release, thanks to a leaking of the album online. Leto said that has its good points and bad points.

“We know (who it was) and it's a bummer,” Leto said. “It's a bummer. It's a bum…mer. But at least it wasn't leaked a couple months ago, which can work out. People get to hear the songs before the show and recognize what's going on.

“Actually it's pretty amazing, man,” he added about 30 Seconds to Mars’ holiday shows, which includes a gig at The Fillmore Detroit on Friday. “I have to say. You'll just have to see the live show. People have to check it out. It's a lot different from our past shows, the last album cycle. It's pretty amazing. It's more intimate in a way and it kind of reflects the album. It's honest, vulnerable and exciting and spontaneous and we have the theatrics going on. It's cinematic. It's pretty cool what we're doing. This time we want to bring the audience closer to the live experience. There's some things we're gonna do to support that thinking.”

http://www.mlive.com/entertainment/flin … eartb.html

Голосование за следующий сингл:
http://thirtysecondstomars.thisisthehiv … log/?p=256

Отредактировано Fallen Soul (16 Дек 2009 17:37:33)

http://i028.radikal.ru/0912/3c/c9defdfefbba.jpg

Какой безумной/замечательной/напряженной/невероятной была эта неделя....

*глубокий вдох*

Ок...

Во-первых: альбом уже вышел.

THIS IS WAR. Даже не верится, что это произошло.

Два года работы, Флуд, Лилливайт, 30ти миллионный иск, глобальный кризис, парочка дней рождений, потеря собаки, много веселья, несколько моментов паники, 10 million vocal takes *вокал обошелся в 10 миллионов? или у меня глюки...*, новый президент, моя все та же старая машина. Были дни, когда мы действительно думали, что останемся неуслышанными.

Я в самолете на пути в Чикаго, прошлой ночью мы отыграли одно из самых башенных шоу в Сиэтле вместе с Muse, Phoenix, Metric и Vampire Weekend, и я сейчас думаю, насколько мы все-таки счастливые, иметь возможность делать все это. Может все это из-за грядущих праздников, но это подарок судьбы. Вчера группы были до смешного прекрасны, а толпа как никогда шумной и громкой, а также веселая компания Pacific No’westerners, которую мы никогда не видели. Мы ушли со сцены мокрыми, удовлетворенными и довольными прощальными криками вашингтонской толпы.

Между прочим, кто предпочитает новый альбом в качестве подарка на рождество другим предпраздничным дискам, которые переполняют полки? Я думаю, мы! Мы очень счастливы, что он все-таки вышел и мы может поделиться им с миром, и мы очень благодарны тем, кто выбирая между Сьюзан Бойл, Рождественскими хитами Замфира и новым альбомом Марса, в момент слабости хватает диск с незнакомцем на обложке. СМЕЛЫЙ ВЫБОР!

-j

P.S. Мы верим в эту пластинку. Может даже больше, чем когда-либо. И мы чрезвычайно благодарны вашим восторженным отзывам. Такого мы не ожидали. Если вы это читаете и представляете себе, что вам не понравится этот альбом/группа, у меня есть маленькая просьба.  Не спешите, откиньте все предубежденные замечания и просто послушайте музыку. Никогда не знаешь....тебе может понравиться то, что ты услышишь.

P.P.S. Вот, что я нашел за сценой KROQ’s Acoustic Xmass
http://s60.radikal.ru/i168/0912/2c/59cb9cd640ad.jpg

я думаю, это OG Jaws!!

http://thirtysecondstomars.thisisthehive.net/blog/

Transmission: What should be the new single?, 'This Is War' in Stores NOW!, 12 Steps to Mars, Tonight Show w/ Conan O'Brien

This Week - 12/16/2009

Over the past week Thirty Seconds to Mars were back on the West Coast in the US and played a string of radio shows in Los Angeles, Oakland, San Diego, and Seattle. They also performed Kings and Queens LIVE on the Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.

Tonight the guys are performing in Chicago, then off to Milwaukee, Detroit and Cleveland before taking a break. The 2010 world Tour starts in February!

Kings and Queens is the first single off the new album, but we are giving you the chance to let us know what you think should be the next single from This Is War.

Upcoming Appearances:

Toronto, Canada
MONDAY, DECEMBER 21, 2009
5:00 p.m. EST - Much OnDemand
Jared will be live on the show.

7:00 p.m. EST – 102.1 THE EDGE
Jared will be live in-studio at 228 Yonge co-hosting for a full hour with Bookie.

Have you found your face yet? Many of the Faces of Mars are popping up online and you can find some of them posted on the profiles below.

Help us spread the word about Thirty Seconds to Mars and the new album This Is War. Below is a link to the 12 Steps to Mars that should help us gain awareness about the music.

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=3475 … ecb673a447

Banners
Embed these on your sites, blogs, profiles!

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =522505675

нашла хорошую новость 8-)  и даже не одну

Во-первых: За первую неделю продаж TIW было продано 67.000, группа дебютировала с 18ого места чарта Биллборд. Это хорошие показатели, т.к. ABL был продан количеством 21.000 копий за первую неделю.

Во-вторых: планируется выход документального фильма "Артифакт".Всего было отснято 3000 часов. В фильме будет показано всё: от рождения первой песни до релиза альбома.
Премьера фильма состоится в январе, на the Sundance Film Festival, на DVD фильм будет выпущен осенью.

http://belarus-echelon.clan.su/

i-ha
спасибо!!!))

Марсианский народ учат терпению №2:
Теперь надо дожить до фильма!  :D

Over the last 10 years on BBC Radio 1 there have been more than 500 Live Lounge sessions with hundreds of artists performing their single and an exclusive cover on air. After a series of heats, three semi-finals, and a weekend-long Grand Final, BBC Radio 1 listeners have chosen their Ultimate Live Lounge Cover.

Your Ultimate Live Lounge Cover is

30 Seconds To Mars
Stronger

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/fearnecotto … oungedraw/

MIGLIOR ALBUM DEL 2009

1 -30 Seconds To Mars/This Is War

http://www.virginradio.it/top/magazine/ … _risultati

Отредактировано Fallen Soul (21 Дек 2009 17:59:16)

Сегодня в 2 часа ночи Джаред был на радио 102.1 The Edge в Торонто.
В эфире прозвучала песня которая выбрана следующим синглом... "барабанная дробь"... Night Of The Hunter!
Качаем тут:
http://www.mediafire.com/?3zn2mzmztyv

N@tasha написал(а):

песня которая выбрана следующим синглом... "барабанная дробь"... Night Of The Hunter!

Урра, товарисчи!
Этого, в принципе, следовало ожидать...

*уже в предвкушает видеоряд на песню...*

What's your favorite song off THIS IS WAR?

Besides "Kings and Queens", what is your favorite song off our album "This is War"?

Let us know by voting for your favorite on OUR WEBSITE. The poll is located on the right sidebar.

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =523104402

30 Seconds to Mars Emerge With New Sound

This is War, the new 30 seconds to Mars record, is different than the band’s previous two records- stop if you’ve heard this before. Don’t most bands claim each record is different? So you decide if this is different.

Who else invites 1,000 fans to sing chorus on a song? Who else records chants, whisperings, even the sound of a Hawk outside their house to mix in with their music? This Is War even featured 2,000 different album covers featuring individual photos of fans from around the world. The band asked fans to submit pictures of themselves, and then selected the 2,000 best images. The images were then used as covers for the album itself and shipped randomly to stores around the world.

When you have four years between records, you can afford to be a little more creative, and that’s what 30 Seconds to Mars has done.

"We even recorded (the sounds of) a hawk that lives above us. That’s in the beginning of ‘Kings and Queens.’ We recorded crickets, everything. Conversations were recorded with friends," drummer Shannon Leto told Alternative Addiction. "We wanted to show who we are. This album does that. This album is definitely letting people into our world. It’s a lot different than our last two albums."

The time between to two records and the issues with their label helped the band tap into their creative vibe.

"We didn’t have a label for a really long time so we were making, we actually did the album at my brother’s and I house. We paid for it. It was all us and so that allotted us the time. There’s no deadlines, and we could create and express ourselves for a longer period of time," Leto said. "Having that time allowed us to fully, fully express ourselves, and just pour everything that we had inside ourselves into the art."

Recording the album at a house not only gave 30 Seconds to Mars a different sound, it gave them the freedom to go after the sound they were searching for no matter how long it took.

"We have a one song called ‘Night of the Hunter.’ it took 10 days to get the drum sound. I wasn’t happy. I wanted a specific sound," Leto said. "And on another song we listened back to it and we heard dishes being washed in the background so we just kind of felt like it should remain there. There’s moments of true intimacy, moments of true rawness and there’s other songs that are more poignant and explosive and we have electronic songs."

It’s been quite a ride since 30 Seconds to Mars released the platinum selling "A Beautiful Lie" in 2005. Since then, the band was sued by its record label for a whopping $30 million. The suit was settled in April of 2009 and 30 Seconds to Mars then released "This Is War" in early December. It sold over 67,000 units in the United States, entering the Billboard 200 at the No. 18. The album had debuted at No. 2 on the Billboard Alternative Albums chart.

"It took a couple years to make the record and a lot happened during those years. We were being sued for $30 million dollars. We had a new president so that was an amazing thing that was going on, an important thing," Leto said. "We had an economic fallout so the record that we were recording reflects that. It represented a time in our life. You can hear that in the album. Right now we’re touring, we’re doing the Christmas shows and preparing for the world tour next year."

30 Seconds to Mars began their winter tour in Salt Lake City In November and they will continue through December before embarking on a world tour that begins in England in February.

"It’s pretty cool man. It’s definitely a live album. We wanted to bring the audience a little bit closer to us. So far to me it seems like we’re succeeding with that. We’ve always been interested in the people who listed to our music. We do things to support that. My brother came up with the idea of having 2,000 different album covers so people got the first couple 1,000 people could send in the photos and be on the album and be on the CD."

They band opened the door to their fans, and in appreciation their fans are responding.

http://www.alternativeaddiction.com/mus … -New-Sound

Listen To Alternative Addiction's Interview with 30 Seconds To Mars

http://www.alternativeaddiction.com/int … asp?id=527

Jared Leto's Crazy Hair: Caught In A Windstorm? Bed Head?

Jared Leto visited MuchOnDemand in Toronto, Canada, yesterday with a hair raising look. The typical grunge-like star looks more cleaned up than usual, but perhaps he should tone it down a bit. What do you think? See more photos after the jump.

Jared reportedly lost out on the coveted role of "Green Lantern" in Warner Bros.' live-action film based on the DC Comics hero to Ryan Reynolds.

The actor most recently starred in "Mr. Nobody" about a man close to death who ponders the many lives he might have led. As Nemo considers the many different paths his life could have taken, his memory begins to fail him, and he finds it increasingly difficult to be certain which was his real life and which is a product of his imagination.

Jared also sings in the band 30 Seconds to Mars . They just released their latest album, "This Is War."

http://www.starpulse.com/news/index.php … _in_a_wind

And finally, another of last week's high debuts, 30 Seconds to Mars' This Is War, did a belly flop in week two, falling 40 spots to #58 as business dropped 58 percent to 28,000.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/162876 … icia.jhtml

Отредактировано Fallen Soul (23 Дек 2009 21:57:17)

TRANSMISSION ONLINE

http://i002.radikal.ru/0912/0b/5dedbe2d795d.jpg
Превью фото-книги о создании This Is War. Заказать сейчас!

В прошлые выходные Thirty Seconds to Mars закончили тур Северной Америкой в поддержку нового альбома This Is War, включая таки города как Чикаго, Милуоки, Детройт и Кливленд. Мировой тур стартует в феврале.

На этой неделе (как наш новогодний подарок вам) вы можете бесплатно скачать с iTunes 'The Ride' - короткий фильм, на который нас вдохновила песня Kings & Queens.
http://s40.radikal.ru/i090/0912/a8/53a2f76811b4.jpg

Также мы были рады узнать, что наш кавер на песню Канье Веста ''Stronger'' выиграл в Ultimate Live Lounge Cover from BBC Radio1
http://s61.radikal.ru/i174/0912/9c/c1b4c1cd2643.jpg

Радио AOL выбрало The Kill Лучшей Альтернативной песней десятилетия
http://s41.radikal.ru/i094/0912/63/9ad81906ded6.jpg

Также альбом "This Is War'' был выбран интальянским Virgin как Лучший альбом года
http://s52.radikal.ru/i135/0912/4c/75e7444fc8a5.jpg

Помогайте нам распространять информацию о Thirty Seconds to Mars и новом альбоме "This Is War'. 12 шагов к Марсу

http://s03.radikal.ru/i176/0912/6b/29eb0c428ed6.jpg
Скачать флаер

Ответы в Purgatory

Какие группы вы сейчас слушаете?
ZAMFIR

Как вы думаете, интернет убивает видео звезд или создает их? Что вы думаете о силе интернета и считаете ли вы его мощным ресурсом для новых проектов, нового опыта и новой музыки? Или вы думаете, что он убивает достойные креативные проекты?
Интернет - это действенный инструмент, который может быть использован креативными людьми для распространения их творчества или того, что они представляют очень большому количеству людей.

Книга недели - Кормак Маккарти "Дорога"
Фильм недели - "Спокойной ночи и удачи" (реж. Джордж Клуни 2005)
Альбом недели - The Smiths - The Smiths (1984)
Сайт недели - http://postsecret.blogspot.com/
Ресторан недели - Green Zebra - Чикаго

кавер на песню Канье Веста ''Stronger''

это одна из самых любимых песен! она действительно самая лучшая! в миллион раз лучше оригинала!

Twitter #MusicMonday top songs: Lady Gaga, 30 Seconds to Mars, Ke$ha

Nearly 50,000 Music Monday tweets were counted on December 28, with tweeters sharing the names of music and songs they liked in a tweet using the "#musicmonday" hashtag. The week's top songs included Lady Gaga's Bad Romance, two tracks from the newly released album by 30 Seconds to Mars, plus continuing favorites by Owl City, Black Eyed Peas, and Ke$ha.

Next in line are two singles by 30 Seconds to Mars, which held the top two slots last week following the release of the album Time of War.

Top #musicmonday songs at twit40.com:

1. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
2. Fireflies - Owl City
3. Meet Me Halfway - Black Eyed Peas
4. Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
5. Hurricane - 30 Seconds to Mars

6. TiK ToK - Ke$ha
7. Sex Therapy - Robin Thicke
8. Use Somebody - Kings of Leon
9. Midnight Romeo - Push Play
10. You Belong With Me - Taylor Swift

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter … 52628.html

*заразаубьюсукуВоткинса*

LOSTPROPHETS' WATKINS BLASTS LETO

LOSTPROPHETS star IAN WATKINS has taken aim at JARED LETO for complaining about a legal spat that threatened his band 30 SECONDS TO MARS' album release, insisting the actor-turned-rocker had it easy.
30 Seconds To Mars was sued by the parent company of their label Virgin Music for $30 million (£18.75 million) in 2008 over claims they failed to produce an agreed number of albums.
Leto spoke openly about the difficulties the band faced while recording their third album This Is War during the ongoing dispute, telling MTV, "We spent two years of our lives working on that record, and it was us against the world. Everything that was going on was brutal... It was a case of survival, to tell the truth."
But the Lostprophets frontman maintains Leto should stop grumbling about the ordeal - because the Welsh band endured a worse struggle to make their upcoming disc, The Betrayed.
Watkins tells Kerrang! magazine, "We were always determined to make it happen, but it has been tough. When I hear Jared Leto saying he went to hell and back writing the30 Seconds To Mars album it makes me think, 'I want to f**king kill you!' Went to the swimming pool and back more like. This, our band, is all we have - there is no safety blanket for us. So we were always like, 'S**t, we need to get this record out and it needs to be amazing because if it doesn't come out we are f**ked.'
http://www.contactmusic.com/news.nsf/st … to_1127147

Отредактировано Fallen Soul (30 Дек 2009 19:04:04)

Fallen Soul написал(а):

'I want to f**king kill you!'

Я вижу, Воткинс просто страх потерял...... :angry:

Thirty Seconds to Mars to rock on stage in Manchester’s MEN Arena

LA ROCKERS Thirty Seconds To Mars will make their MEN Arena debut on Saturday, February 20.

The Jared Leto-fronted rock band will be performing tracks from their new album This Is War alongside hits from their first two albums, 2002’s self-titled debut and 2005’s A Beautiful Lie.

Since forming in 1998, the trio – brothers Jared and Shannon Leto and guitarist Tomo Milicevic – have won numerous awards including an MTV Video Music Award, three MTV EMA’s, an MTV Latin and Asia Award and three Kerrang! Awards.

Thirty Seconds To Mars’ new album, This Is War, was produced by the band with Flood (U2, Depeche Mode, Nine Inch Nails) and Steve Lilywhite (U2, Rolling Stones).

The first single to be taken from the album, Kings And Queens, is out now.

For ticket availability, contact the 24-hour Ticketmaster hotline on 0844 847 8000. The special needs ticketline is 0161 950 5229 (Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm) and for group bookings, call 0209 930 3000. Tickets may be subject to a booking fee.

http://www.chesterchronicle.co.uk/enter … -25487753/

Top Alternative Songs of 2009

7) 30 Seconds to Mars: 'Kings and Queens'

Jared Leto is the singer, guitarist, and songwriter for the 30 Seconds to Mars, a band that was created by his brother Shannon Leto 11 years ago. Jared wrote part of this top alternative song on his way to the airport, busted out the guitar, and got so carried away that he almost didn't make his flight. 'Kings and Queens' is the lead single off 'This is War,' the band's third studio album.

http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/12/07/ … ongs-2009/

Best Albums of 2009
http://www.aolradioblog.com/2009/12/31/ … s-of-2009/

Jared Leto Is A Miami Musician

Jared Leto has lunch with a friend on the beach in Miami, Florida on Tuesday (December 29).

The actor and musician, who just turned 38 on Saturday, has been promoting his new album Thirty Seconds to Mars, This Is War.

According to the Toronto Star, the muse of the new album was their record company, EMI, which launched a $30 million lawsuit against them when the band tried to change labels.

“It was an intense time,” Jared shared. “Not just in our world and our battle with our record company, but the entire world went through this and is still going through this historically brutal time; I’m talking about the financial crisis, the housing meltdown, the climate challenges …

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/2009/12/31 … z0bIDytcD2

Jared Leto Goes For A Stroll In Miami…

A mystery blonde companion joined Hollywood hunk Jared Leto when we spotted him stopping off for a bite to eat on Miami Beach the other day.

The twosome weren’t doing anything particularly interesting other than tucking into some burgers but we thought we’d show you the pictures anyway. Mainly because Jared’s quite nice to look at, but we’re also getting a bit bored of pictures of Alexandra Burke and the Sugababes living it up in the Caribbean.

http://www.mrpaparazzi.com/post/9758/Ja … Miami.aspx

Transmission: Guardian Interviews Jared, Faces of Mars Traded Globally, Band Picks of the Week, and More!

This Week - 12/31/2009

Happy New Year from MARS!

It's the final days of 2009 and Thirty Seconds to Mars is taking a break before starting up rehearsals for their 2010 World Tour which begins in February.

Earlier this month Jared was interviewed by The Guardian.

Last week there was an article on Spinner.com about the Faces of Mars and how people have been trading them across the globe.

Help us spread the word about Thirty Seconds to Mars and the new album This Is War.

Purgatory Questions

Have you ever questioned your own music? Have you ever thought it wasn’t good enough and just wanted to drop everything and start again doing something else?
WE DO THAT ABOUT 1000 TIMES A DAY. :)

What is your definition of success?
ARE YOU HAPPY? IF THE ANSWER IS YES, THEN YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL.

http://us1.campaign-archive.com/?u=3475 … ecb673a447

Отредактировано Fallen Soul (1 Янв 2010 15:27:33)

перевод TRANSMISSION ONLINE
http://i012.radikal.ru/1001/18/b91ba910e847.jpg
Восход солнца над склонами Rocky Mountains

С НОВЫМ ГОДОМ!

Это последние деньки 2009 года и Thirty Seconds to Mars взяли тайм-аут перед репетициями для Мирового Тура, который стартует в феврале.

Ранее, в этом месяце, У Джареда "The Guardian" взяла интервью. Если у вас не было возможности прочесть его, вы можете увидеть его здесь
http://s48.radikal.ru/i121/1001/a3/314df5454c8e.jpg

На прошлой неделе на Спиннере появилась заметка о "Лицах Марса".
http://s56.radikal.ru/i153/1001/98/c7de95b8f764.jpg

Помогайте нам распространять информацию о Thirty Seconds to Mars и новом альбоме. Кликните здесь, чтобы, ежедневно выполняя "12 Шагов к Марсу", помочь нам.
http://i064.radikal.ru/1001/7c/2f37488f5e3a.jpg

Для печати:
Скачать флаер
Скачать трафарет
Скачать постер

Следите за ребятами на Твиттере
@JaredLeto @ShannonLeto @tomofromearth

Ответы в Purgatory:

Вы когда либо сомневались в своей музыке? Думали ли вы, что она недостаточно хороша и было ли у вас желание, все бросить и начать сначала?
МЫ ДЕЛАЕМ ЭТО 1000 РАЗ В ДЕНЬ :)

Какое ваше определение успеху?
ВЫ СЧАСТЛИВЫ? ЕСЛИ ОТВЕТ - ДА, ТО ВЫ УСПЕШНЫ.

Книга недели - П.Коэльо "Алхимик"
Фильм недели - Амели (реж. Жан-Пьера Жёне, 2001)
Альбом недели - Jeff Buckley - Grace
Сайт недели - http://www.cityharvest.org
Ресторан недели - Longrain - Sydney, Australia

*всем шампанскогоХд*

2009 Top In Rock Awards  http://www.rockonrequest.com/id323.html

TOP ALTERNATIVE BAND
30 Seconds To Mars

TOP ROCK FRONTMAN
Jared Leto

TOP ROCK VIDEO
Kings and Queens
30 Seconds To Mars

TOP ROCK ALBUM
This Is War
30 Seconds To Mars

TOP ROCK SONG
Kings and Queens
30 Seconds To Mars

IN A CLASS BY THEMSELVES
30 Seconds To Mars

@Attack@
Боже......  :jumping: 
Вот это новости!!!  :insane:

i-ha написал(а):

Книга недели - П.Коэльо "Алхимик"

о боже мой, только не это!  :D

@Attack@ написал(а):

*всем шампанскогоХд*

2009 Top In Rock Awards

о-па, нет слов просто... выиграли все, что могли)))  :cool:

@Attack@ написал(а):

2009 Top In Rock Awards

yes! Забрали все представленные номинации :shine:

Q & A with Jared Leto
Q&A with Jared Leto for UK's The Guardian

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =524487864

AOL Radio's Best Album of 2009
Our latest album "This is War" among AOL Radio Blog's Best Albums of 2009: CLICK HERE http://ow.ly/S8eu
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =524487618

*фильмфильмфильм*

30 Seconds To Mars Has Film In The Works
By: Don Kaye

30 Seconds To Mars has chronicled the making of its new album, This Is War, in a documentary that singer Jared Leto hopes to show next month at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah and release sometime next fall. Although the film initially focused just on the record, Leto told us that it expanded to include the band's legal battle with its label, world events and even the 2008 presidential election: "The film started as a 'making-of'piece, but then everything that was happening -- I mean, we couldn't ignore that, so we started to talk to people and address some of the things that were happening in the world, you know? We're still editing and shooting, we have 3,000 hours of footage, and it's been pretty interesting. I mean, we've been following everything."

Leto added that the tentative title of the documentary is Artifact.

30 Seconds To Mars was sued by EMI/Virgin Records last year for $30 million after the band attempted to leave its contract. The parties eventually settled and the group is still with the label.

This Is War sold 67,000 copies in its first week to debut at Number 18 on the Billboard album chart on Wednesday (December 16th). The group's previous effort, A Beautiful Lie, has sold more than 1.2 million copies.

The group will begin a headlining tour in March 2010, with Leto telling Billboard.com that it will "have an interactive element . . . that's kind of unlike anything that's ever been done before, we're hoping."

http://www.ezrock1049.com/news/music/87/1040457

Отредактировано @Attack@ (4 Янв 2010 17:56:59)

Twitter #MusicMonday top songs: 30 Seconds to Mars, Owl City

On Monday, January 4, nearly 50,000 tweeters shared the names of music and songs they liked in a tweet using the "#musicmonday" hashtag. The week's top songs included continuing favorites by 30 Seconds to Mars, Owl City, Lady Gaga, and Ke$ha.

The top three singles of the week were "Kings and Queens" and "This is War" by 30 Seconds to Mars in first and third, and "Fireflies" by Owl City in second. New to the list was "United States of Pop 2009," DJ Earworm's annual music/video mashup of the Top 25 Billboard pop songs of the year.

Top #musicmonday songs at twit40.com:

1. Kings and Queens - 30 Seconds to Mars
2. Fireflies - Owl City
3. This Is War - 30 S
econds to Mars
4. Bad Romance - Lady Gaga
5. TiK ToK - Ke$ha
6. United State Of Pop 2009 - DJ Earworm
7. Monster - Lady Gaga
8. Russian Roulette - Rihanna
9. I Gotta Feeling - Black Eyed Peas
10. Whatcha Say - Jason Derulo

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter … 58536.html

TRANSMISSION ONLINE

http://s44.radikal.ru/i106/1001/95/17cd0d31ade0.jpg
Thirty Seconds to Mars в Милуоки

Эта неделя началась с Нового Года. Новый альбом Thirty Seconds to Mars "This is War" вышел почти месяц назад и скоро мы собираемся отправиться в новый Мировой Тур!

Название тура, который посетит все уголки земли, будет "Into the Wild". Новая информация, обновления будут доступны на сайте.
http://s60.radikal.ru/i168/1001/be/e3c22ffcfe2e.jpg

В этом месяце, благодаря "Альбому Месяца", журнал Rocksound напечатал статью о Thirty Seconds to Mars.
http://i070.radikal.ru/1001/a1/f7bdc0ba7444.jpg http://s45.radikal.ru/i109/1001/42/8129eda95daf.jpg

Чтобы всегда быть в курсе последних новостей, появлений группы, статей о ней посетите Библиотеку Марса

Помогайте нам распространять информацию о Thirty Seconds to Mars и новом альбоме. Кликните здесь, чтобы, ежедневно выполняя "12 Шагов к Марсу", помочь нам.

Ответы в Purgatory:
Даже несмотря на возрастание вашей популярности, вы всегда уделяете время на общение с фанами. Очевидно, что вам это ничего не стоит, но почему вы все-таки всегда стараетесь пообщаться с фанами?
ПОТОМУ ЧТО МЫ ЛЮБИМ ВАС РЕБЯТА И ЛЮБИМ С ВАМИ ГОВОРИТЬ И СЛУШАТЬ ВАШЕ МНЕНИЕ.

Как вы определяете, что песня/альбом уже готовы? Вы полагаетесь на свои ощущения?
ПЕСНИ НИКОГДА НЕ МОГУТ БЫТЬ ЗАКОНЧЕННЫМИ, МЫ ПРОСТО ОСТАНАВЛИВАЕМ СЕБЯ.

Книга недели - Ларри МакМертри "Одинокая голубка"
Фильм недели - Последний император
Альбом недели - Aphex Twin - Selected Ambient Works Vol. II
Сайт недели - http://www.theuniformproject.com

IN ANSWER TO YOUR QUESTIONS: PART FIVE

What three words best describe the new album?
OPTIMISTIC, CELEBRATORY, EMPOWERING

What sort of feelings/emotions overcome you just before you go on stage to play a show and the atmosphere just hits you?
WE ALL FEEL A SENSE OF EXCITMENT AND URGENCY, SORT OF LIKE THE FEELING YOU GET JUST BEFORE A FIGHT. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

A question to Tomo & Jared: Have you ever used finger picking or the clawhammer technique, like Donovan does when you play your guitars?
YES, WE ALSO USE THE CRAB TECHNIQUE AND THE RAVEN CLAW WHICH IS AN ANCIENT METHOD OF PICKING THE GUITAR STRINGS WITH THE TOES.

What do you think is most important in the music business nowadays: a unique sound, good lyrics, getting people involved and create a sense of community and unity or appeal to the teenagers or none of the above?
PROBABLY A LITTLE BIT OF THEM ALL. WE FOCUS ON PLAYING AND CREATING MUSIC AND SOUNDS THAT MAKE US HAPPY. YOU HAVE TO BELIEVE IN WHAT YOU ARE PLAYING AND CREATING IF OTHERS ARE ALSO TO BELIEVE.

What do you think is bad about the music business nowadays? And why has it turned out that way?
BUSINESS IS FOR THE LABELS TO DEAL WITH. WE MAKE MUSIC AND THE MUSIC HAS NEVER BEEN AS EXCITING.

What do you think is good about the music business?
IT GIVES US THE OPPORTUNITY TO SHARE OUR EXPERIENCE WITH OUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AROUND THE WORLD.

What bands are you listening to right now?
ZAMFIR

Do you think the internet killed the video star or created some new ones? What are your thoughts about the power of the internet and do you think it is a powerful source for new projects, new experiences, and new music? Or is it killing the opportunities for valid creative projects?
THE INTERNET IS A REAL TOOL THAT CAN BE USED VERY CREATIVELY BY PEOPLE TO SPREAD THEIR ART OR ANYTHING THEY HAVE TO OFFER TO A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE.

Have you ever questioned your own music? Have you ever thought it wasn’t good enough and just wanted to drop everything and start again doing something else?
WE DO THAT ABOUT 1000 TIMES A DAY. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

What is your definition of success?
ARE YOU HAPPY? IF THE ANSWER IS YES, THEN YOU ARE SUCCESSFUL.

Even with your growing popularity over the past couple of years, you always try and make time to talk to fans, even outside of signing lines and formal meet and greets. It's obvious that it's nothing you have to do, so what is it that makes you want to engage with your fans in a more casual setting?
BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU GUYS AND LOVE TALKING TO YOU AND HEARING WHAT YOU THINK!

How do you determine when a song/album is really finished to go to the process of mastering? Is it based on gut feeling you get from listening or a check list that's marked of?
THE SONGS ARE NEVER DONE, WE JUST ABANDON THEM.

http://thirtysecondstomars.forumsunlimi … owforum=20

Radio Bam 11/01/2010
http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuse … =525560970
Скачать:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/l8tl62
Спасибо ontd_30stm

Twitter #MusicMonday top songs: Fans vote 30 Seconds to Mars to top spots

On January 11, more than 30,000 tweeters shared the names of music and songs they liked in a tweet using the "#musicmonday" hashtag. The week's top songs recorded on twit40.com included several singles by 30 Seconds to Mars, plus songs by Owl City, Lady Gaga, Iyaz, and Vampire Weekend.

The top two singles of the week were "This is War" and "Kings and Queens" by 30 Seconds to Mars, as fans encouraged each other to vote for the band's songs online. "Fireflies" by Owl City followed in third. And "Fallen" by 30 Seconds to Mars also climbed onto the list this week in sixth place.

In seventh place this week was "Replay" by Iyaz; the single by the singer/rapper has reached number two on the Billboard Hot 100 chart, number one on the Billboard Pop Songs chart, and, most recently, number one on the January 10 UK Singles chart.

Top #musicmonday songs at twit40.com (taken just before 10pm PST):

1. "This Is War" - 30 Seconds to Mars
2. "Kings and Queens" - 30 Seconds to Mars

3. "Fireflies" - Owl City
4. "Bad Romance" - Lady GaGa
5. "Meet Me Halfway" - Black Eyed Peas
6. "Fallen" - 30 Seconds to Mars
7. "Replay" - Iyaz
8. "Use Somebody" - Kings of Leon
9. "Contra" - Vampire Weekend
10. "Speechless" - Lady GaGa

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter … 65607.html

Jared Leto :"Je suis un combattant"

http://www.lexpress.fr/culture/cinema/j … 41296.html

Отредактировано Fallen Soul (12 Янв 2010 18:19:50)

Fallen Soul
спасибо большое!!! ;)

http://www.clevescene.com/c-notes/archi … ums-series

короче говоря, Альбом "A Beautiful Lie" включён в серию "Классических альбомов" EMI Music, которые будут выпущены специально для I-Tunes. :cool:  :flag:

Отредактировано @Attack@ (12 Янв 2010 23:57:22)

@Attack@
Wow... Отличная новость  :confused:
Спасибо Даш!!!

@Attack@ написал(а):

http://www.clevescene.com/c-notes/archi … ums-series

Мерзостная статья><

Fallen Soul

завидует бедняга что ли...или просто предвзятое отношение к группе

Вы здесь » 30 Seconds To Mars - Ukrainian Echelon » Архив тем » Последние новости